NO LONGER AVAILABLE - WILL BE REPLACED BY MAY 1, 2010 WITH A SUPERIOR PRODUCT
ORTHO-LIVER - FOR OPTIMAL LIVER FUNCTION-IMPROVED FORMULATION!
NOW Made Without Corn, Wheat, Yeast, Dairy or other common allergens!!
-Regenerates the Liver
Reduces live pain
Reduces high liver enzymes
-Protects the liver from toxins
-Promotes abstinence from alcohol
The liver is the largest gland and the most important detoxification organ in the body. More than 5000 functions have been attributed to the liver.
These functions include the production of bile and the secretion of glucose, proteins, vitamins and fats. The liver also stores energy in the form of glycogen and decomposes red blood cells and unwanted proteins.
These important functions explain why the liver has two distinct blood supplies, one to bring oxygen to the liver; the other (the portal system) to bring nutrients and molecules absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract to the liver for processing and detoxification.
Liver disorders are a major health problem in North America. Most of the severe liver disorders are related to alcohol and drug consumption, viral hepatitis, environmental toxins and hemochromatosis (a genetically caused iron storage disease…mostly appears in men).
Prevalence of Chronic Liver Disease:
• Cirrhosis of the Liver: 400,000 people in the USA 1976-80 (NIH, 1994).
• Alcoholic liver disease: More than 2 million Americans (NIAAA).
• Alcohol is the cause of 44.7% of all death due to liver disease.
• Chronic Hepatitis C: Almost 4 million Americans have antibodies indicating infection or prior exposure (NIDDK).
• Chronic Hepatitis B: 750,000 people in the United States (NIAID).
• Autoimmune Hepatitis: 1,156 people in the USA in 1996.
• Hemochromatosis: more than 1 million Americans (CDC); 5 per 1000 in Caucasians (NIDDK).
• Primary biliary cirrhosis: 9,232 people in the USA in 1996.
• Sarcoidosis: 20 per 100,000 overall; 5 in 100,000 caucasians; 40 out of 100,000 African Americans; Scandinavia 64 out of 100,000 people
• Liver cancer: 16,600 annual cases (SEER 2002 estimate)
• Sarcoidosis: 20 per 100,000 in the city, less in the country.
It should come as no surprise that roughly six percent of healthy people have abnormal liver function. The liver produces or processes most of the nutrients and compounds used by the body; it deserves to be looked after.
Ortho•LiverTM was formulated to support optimal liver function. The ingredients found in Ortho•Liver have collectively been shown in studies to protect the liver from toxins, stimulate liver regeneration, inhibit lipid peroxidation, enhance levels of glutathione and induce cytochrome P450. (necessary in Phase I Liver Detox
ORTHO LIVER II -OPTIMAL LIVER FUNCTION
||Quantity in Basket:none|
Shipping Weight: 0.00 pounds