1840, dentists formed the American Society of Dental Surgeons. Their
members were required to sign pledges that they would NOT use mercury
in the fillings they placed. There were even cases in New York in 1848
where dentists were fined for malpractice for using mercury in their
was referred to as "quicksilver" in North American and in
Europe was called "quacksalver" Therefore a "quack"
was someone who pretends to cure disease and "salve" was an
application for wounds. The term "quack" was first applied
to anyone using mercury to cure skin diseases, e.g. the skin lesions
associated with tertiary syphilis. The skin rash would disappear, but
the disease went deeper into the organs and the nervous system and the
person died a very painful death. The term was then used against dentists
using mercury for the same reason, - using a poisonous substance to
"cure" or fix decay.
of the internal feuds, a new dental organization was formed in 1859
– the American Dental Association (ADA). This body did NOT condemn the
use of mercury, to the extreme now 140 years later; they try to crucify
any dentist who tells his or her patients about the dangers of mercury!
Many practitioners believe the ADA actually send undercover personnel
into offices of practitioners who dare to speak the truth, to gather
information against them and challenge their licenses.
is so safe, then why have whole countries such as Sweden, Germany, Denmark
completely banned it? Some countries have even started to pay to have
mercury replaced with resin fillings for its populace. Why can dentists
not just throw it down the sink when they work, but have to treat it
like the toxic waste it is, containerizing it and ridding of it by very
stringent rules? Why have the governing bodies of dentistry in ANY country
never been able to prove its safety?
Why in Canada
was it politically manipulated to be exempt of the Medical Devices rulings
for safety of anything implanted in the human body?
FACTS AND HEALTH CONCERNS.
fillings in your mouth are actually 50% or slightly more mercury. There
is only about 35% silver in them along with 9% tin and 6% copper. The
mercury is not inert or stable as you may have been told. In fact, every
time you eat something acidic, hot or chew at all or brush your teeth,
mercury gasses off directly into your system (80% of inhaled mercury
goes to your lungs) and via your bloodstream, settles in various organs
of the body, particularly the nervous system, liver, kidney, thyroid,
pituitary, prostate, testes, ovaries and pancreas.
WATCH THIS VIDEO
TO SEE HOW DANGEROUS MERCURY CONTAINING DENTAL AMALGAMS ARE!!
Clarkson (1998) and the World Health Organization related that one amalgam
could release anywhere between 3-18 m gm/day of mercury. And yet,
a Canadian conference suggested a Tolerable Daily Intake (TDI) for mercury
of only 1 m gm/day for a person weighing about 150 pounds. People
with more than 2-3 amalgams, therefore are above the occupationally
exposed acceptable levels. In fact, in a study done by Dr. Mark Richardson
of Ottawa, Canada at the request of Health and Welfare Canada, it was
seen that any more than 3 amalgams in the head of an adult were akin
to occupational exposure. In other words, gave off as much mercury as
if the person worked in an occupation where they were exposed to mercury
on a daily basis.
In a study
done on over 1300 patients, symptoms were reported which ranged from:
Problems such as:
or frequent headaches
and tingling anywhere
or noises in the ear
in hands, feet, lips, eyelids, tongue
of pain threshold
disorders such as:
of interest in life/hobbies, etc.
Deficit Syndrome or similar problems
and loss of self control
Cavity problems such as:
loss and loosening of teeth
patches on the gums and/or cheeks
inflammation of gums or mouth
in the mouth or throat
complaints such as:
and excessive gas
appetite and obesity
problems such as:
and irregular pulse
in blood pressure
and immunological problems such as:
weakness and joint pain
problems such as:
perspiration without fever
body temperature, sometimes with clamminess
rashes, especially around face, head and neck
or double vision
(lack of oxygen)
could very well be a victim of mercury toxicity precipitated by your
mercury containing "silver" fillings!
On the next
page is a chart of a study done on over 1500 people:
RELIEF AFTER AMALGAM REMOVAL
statistics listed were compiled by the Foundation For Toxic Free Dentistry
(FTTD) on 1569 patients from 6 different reports:
HEALTH SYMPTOM ANALYSIS OF 1569 PATIENTS BEFORE AND AFTER ELIMINATION
OF THEIR MERCURY-CONTAINING DENTAL FILLINGS
of Cure or
& SORES (ORAL CAVITY)
SOURCES OF MERCURY
smelters, combustion of fossil fuel and refining of gold.
in chloralkali industry in the production of chlorine and caustic
soda containing products.
in electrical industry, in production of thermometers and barometer,
fluorescent tubes and alkaline batteries.
fillings (WHO 1991a)- the largest exposure to the world’s population
for non-occupationally exposed people.
disrupts your body’s biochemistry and physiology in a number of ways:
in the production of larger molecules such as proteins and the nucleic
acids which are the core of DNA and RNA.
in the balance of calcium…not good news when you consider how often
we hear of people being diagnosed with osteoporosis. Another point
in this area is that the liver and the kidney are two major organs
effected by mercury and compromised in their ability to function under
mercury’s influence. Vitamin D, which is produced in the skin, is
augmented to the much more active hormone forms first by the liver,
then the kidney. If their function has been debilitated, the conversion
to the more active Vitamin D forms may not occur as well. These activated
forms are essential for proper calcium uptake and utilization, hence
another nail in the coffin of calcium balance.
radical injury to the cells of the body, resulting in oxidative stress.
What this means is that the free radicals, which are produced as a
result of mercury’s interaction with the cell, result in cellular
damage, particularly to the membranes of the cell.
proteins need to have phosphorus derivatives attached to them, and
mercury will get in the way of this. This may explain, at least to
some degree, the incredible fatigue mercury patients experience. The
molecule in your body responsible for energy –ATP- looses a phosphate
group when you use it and becomes ADP. Then another phosphate must
be added to "refurbish" it to ATP, so your body can reuse
it and mercury gets in the way of this.
is of great concern in mercury toxicity. In people who are occupationally
exposed, studies have seen the incredible cell damage and protein
leakage from the kidney. In the sensitive mercury patient with even
just a few amalgam fillings, the same damage can be seen. The general
public may show varying levels of this damage. The World Health Organization
in 1991 concluded that urinary mercury of more than 100 m gm/gm
creatinine (about 80 m gm/m3) or more increases the risk of neurological
(tumour development) and protein in the urine leading to kidney damage.
in the past few years, particularly from Europe has shown the devastating
consequences mercury has on the effectiveness of the white blood cell
of your immune system. It also can be part of the cause in autoimmune
diseases such as the more serious arthritides, allergies, and some
researchers believe, multiple sclerosis, lupus and Lou Gehrig’s disease.
definitely has the ability to cross the placental membranes and so
cause health disorders in the unborn child. In studies done by Marsh
et al in 1981 and 1987, they showed that mothers with hair mercury
levels of 70-640 m g/gm of hair during pregnancy have 30% increased
risk of psychomotor and other neurological disorders in their infants.
Even as low as 10-20 m g/gm can increase risk to 5% (WHO 1990).